Millets contain a host of healthy nutrients. They are non allergenic and are easily digestible. Since this recipe includes almost 5 varieties of millets, it combines the health benefits of all of them.
Mixed millet porridge can be consumed in the morning as breakfast. This will make the rest of your day energetic and amazing.
1) First, grind all the millet and moong dhal together to a coarse mixture, set them aside. Then, heat oil in a pressure cooker and temper then fry all the ingredients listed under ‘to temper’. Once the blended flavour of all the spices comes out, mix ginger garlic paste and onions. Toss until the onions turn translucent.
2) Now add tomatoes, carrot, mint leaves along with turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala and add required salt. After mixing all the contents to blend with each other, fry them for 2minutes. At this stage add millet and moong dhal mixture.
3) To this dry gravy, add water and pressure cook for 4 whistles or until it turns mushy. Once the pressure is released, open and mash it well.
4) Heat the entire content again and add little more water if it is too thick, then add coconut milk for the little sweetness it will add to the dish. Then quickly give a stir, garnish with coriander leaves and put the flame off.
5) Hot and healthy Multi Millet Porridge is ready to serve. Please note: If you want to add chicken / Mutton, Pressure cook it and add it along with millet dhal mixture. You can also use chicken stock instead of water.