Foxtail Millet (Thinai) Paniyaaram
- ½ cup Manna Foxtail Millets
- ½ cup par boiled rice
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cup urad dal/black gram dal
- ¾ cup jaggery
- 3 tbsps grated coconut
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder (optional)
- Ghee or Oil for deep frying
- Soak the millets for two hours
- Soak the black gram dal and rice together for two hours
- Take jaggery in a wide bowl and add little water to cover it. Melt & strain it. Boil it for a minute till it becomes frothy.
- Grind the millets, rice, blackgram dal and banana with a little water.
- Add the coconut and mix in the jaggery. This batter should be of thick, pouring consistency
- Keep the batter aside for two hours
- After two hours, prepare the unniyappams/paniyarams in the traditional paniyaram maker with ghee or oil.
- Cook the unniyappams on medium flame till golden brown
Also in Manna Millets Pack of 3 (Foxtail, Kodo & Little)