- ½ cup Manna Foxtail Millets
- ½ cup par boiled rice
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cup urad dal/black gram dal
- ¾ cup jaggery
- 3 tbsps grated coconut
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder (optional)
- Ghee or Oil for deep frying
- Soak the millets for two hours
- Soak the black gram dal and rice together for two hours
- Take jaggery in a wide bowl and add little water to cover it. Melt & strain it. Boil it for a minute till it becomes frothy.
- Grind the millets, rice, blackgram dal and banana with a little water.
- Add the coconut and mix in the jaggery. This batter should be of thick, pouring consistency
- Keep the batter aside for two hours
- After two hours, prepare the unniyappams/paniyarams in the traditional paniyaram maker with ghee or oil.
Cook the unniyappams on medium flame till golden brown.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!