Little millet /Saamai curd rice
- Little millet – ½ cup
- Curd – ¾ cup
- Carrot (grated) – 2 tbsp
- Cucumber – 1 tbsp finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil -1 tsp
- Mustard seeds -1 tsp
- Green chillies -1 finely chopped
- Ginger -1 inch piece -finely chopped
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves -1 tsp finely chopped
- Soak, wash and pressure cook the millet in a cooker with 2 cups of water upto 2 whistles.
- Add milk and mash it well when it is hot. Once it cools, add curd, salt needed and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan; add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add green chillies, ginger, and curry leaves and carrot. Saute for 2-3 seconds and add it to the samai thayir sadam.
- Add grated carrot, finely chopped cucumber, mangoes and garnish with coriander leaves.