That’s it. They are all the ingredients you will need to prepare the healthy and special barnyard kanji or porridge. So get your pan and spatulas set ready.
The secret special recipe:
1) Porridge is a creamy half liquid dish, served hot. It is a dish primarily known to smoothly slip down the throat. So make sure there are no crumbs hanging on to the millet you will use.
2) Wash the millet once or twice before cooking.
3) Get a pressure cook big enough to contain all the following ingredients. Barnyard millet, garlic cloves, green chilly and cumin seeds for the ecstatic flavour it gives. You can choose your favourite seasoning.
4) Add one cup of water and make sure all the ingredients are immersed. Pressure cook all the ingredients for 3 whistles.
5) After the weight’s dropped down to rest, release the steam from the cooker and smell the flavour down to your lungs.(now, that’s not a part of the recipe)
6) So your porridge is nearly ready after you’ve taken the contents of the cooker. Add water or milk of your choice. Best when taken with warm water. Add salt or sugar to your taste if you’re taking it with water or milk, correspondingly!
7) One thing is to be made clear here, the porridge has to be in pouring consistency so it sinks down your throat without any pressuring of your mouth.
So the special or healthy or healthily special barnyard millet porridge is all ready to taste. Take this warmer dish in the morning for a brisk and happy breakfast time. Barnyard millets are known for their anti-oxidant properties, so you too can try out new recipes to be the benefactor of the Barnyard Millet.