For Marination you’ll need:
For the Chicken Masala you’ll need:
- Chicken – 800 g ( cut into medium sized pieces)
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
- Lime – 1 whole squeezed
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion – Finely chopped – 2 cups
- Tomato – Finely chopped – 1 cup
- Mint leaves / Pudhina – 2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick– 4
- Cloves – 8
- Cardamom – 2
- Peppercorns – 4
- Red Chilli powder – 4 tsp
- Coriander– 2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Begin with soaking the brown rice by adding a part of every spice we’ve kept ready & salt to the water and pressure cook it later.
- Now for marinating the chicken, mix all the ingredients as mentioned in the ‘Marination’ section above with the chicken.
- Leave it aside and heat a pan with oil and add onions and toss it until it turns translucent and soft. Now in this stage, add the remaining whole spices.
- Add the tomatoes & continue to fry well till oil starts leaving to the rim of the gravy. Once the oil starts to separate, add the pre-marinated chicken & fry well for about 2-3 minutes. Lower the flame so that the chicken is cooked tenderly. Add salt to adjust the taste. (Keep it a little bit more than normal, as this will then get adjusted with the rice in the layering)