Brown Rice Pulao
- Brown Rice soaked for 1 hour and drain 1 1/2 cups
- Carrots 1 medium
- Cinnamon 1 inch stick
- Cloves 2-3
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Carrots cut into ½ inch pieces 2 medium
- Cauliflower separated into small florets 1/4 medium
- 10-12 french beans cut into ½ inch pieces
- Some green chillies
- Salt to taste
- Slice onions. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf and cumin seeds and sauté till cumin seeds change colour.
- Add onions and sauté till light brown. Add carrots, cauliflower, beans and green chillies.
- Toss well and add brown rice. Mix well and add 4 cups water and salt.
- Mix again and bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low heat for some time.
- Serve hot with boondi raita, pickle or your favourite curry