Foxtail Millet (Thinai) Adai
- Manna Foxtail Millet/Thinai – 1 cup
- Tur dal – 1/2 cup
- Bengal gram/channa dal/ kadalai paruppu – 1/2 cup
- Urad dal (whole urad dal) -1 tbsp
- Red chillies -3- 4
- Hing – a pinch
- Salt as needed
- Grated coconut -3 tbsp (optional)
- Oil for making adai (sesame seed oil preferable)
- Soak foxtail millet and all the 3 dals (tur dal, channa dal and urad dal) together for 3-4 hours.
- Grind it along with salt, red chillies and hing just like you grind for regular adai. The consistency of the batter should neither be thick nor thin. Add grated coconut and mix well.
- Heat a tawa, (check by sprinkling water to see if the tawa is hot enough to pour the batter) pour a ladle of adai batter and spread it in a circular motion just as you do for regular adai.
- Drizzle a tsp of oil around the adai. Once it is cooked, the corners will start lifting up. Flip it over to the other side. Drizzle another 1/2 tsp of oil and cook well.
- Remove from tawa and serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
Also in Manna Millets Pack of 3 (Foxtail, Proso & Kodo)