Kheer is a popular dessert in the north. We can prepare kheer using varagu arisi or Kodo millet.
Ingredients for varagu Kheer:
- • Kodo millet – ¼ cup
- • Sugar –½ cup
- • Milk – 2 cup
- • Water – 1 cup
- • Sugar – ½ cup
- • Cashew nuts – 10
- • Dry grapes- 10
- • Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
Method for preparing kheer using Kodo Millet:
- 1) Heat the ghee in a heavy bottomed pan; roast the cashews and dry grapes until they turn into golden color. Take them out from the ghee and keep it aside.
- 2) Fry the kodo millet in the same ghee itself until nice aroma comes out.
- 3) Then add the water and mix them well. Now close the pan with lid and cook till it becomes soft. At this stage, water gets completely absorbed by the millets.
- 4) Now add 1 cup of milk, sugar and cardamom powder. Mix it well and bring it to boil and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- 5) Now add the fried nuts and remaining milk
- 6) Mix it well and switch off the stove.
- 7) Garnish with Cashews and dried grapes
- 8) Serve it hot or cold.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first one to leave a message!